19.8.04

mood: lightheaded

music: 'galaxie express' by cornelius

i got up really fast a few minutes ago and got one hell of a head rush. i tried to make my way thru the door, but ended up gripping and slumped up against the door jam. i'm pretty sure i would've made a rather large crashing noise had it not been there.

on a rather random side note, i never realized how effective hyper-ventilation is. i couldn't sleep the other night, so i was glued to my computer playing one of my favorite insomniacally charged games. it consists of starting at a website, reading a bit of the content, clicking a link, and repeating until you feel enlightened. i never know where i'll end up, and usually it's the last place i'd expect. anyways, to start i went to the dictionary and typed in a randomly chosen word. i think last time i chose 'monopoly'. then they have this utterly arbitrary feature, which lets you find the 'top 10 websites for "monopoly" '. and that's where the hilarity ensues. for some reasons i ended up on a website that had a random tidbit about how 'a side effect of oxygen is euphoria'. and i was intrigued. if you were standing close enough to my door, you would have heard me taking extremely quick deep breaths, and sure enough i felt relaxed and ready to collapse into the cottony goodness of my pillow. so now i've got another item to add to my list of 'reasons as to why i'm societally challenged'. (hey, it's better than what some people choose to inhale, and not to mention and hell of a lot cheaper and legal-er.)

gymnastics. damn. i've been watching the late night reruns, and i my favorite so far is gymnastics. there's just something about people flailing through the air in a not-so-random fashion that amazes me, though the more random versions can be entertaining at times. hooray for flailing. ^_^ (hai!) that's probably the reason my other favorite is platform diving. flip, flip, flip, turn, flip, splash. hooray for platform diving. ^_^ (hai!)

the other night i was at my friend's house. he's got a pool, and it's usually cold, but during the weekend, his sister had a party and i guess she forgot to turn off the heater for a few days, so the entire pool was at hot tub temperature. he's got a pretty big pool, so that was a huge feat. all i did was float around on my back for about 2 hours. i'm known for my 'de.ad body in the pool' impression, and i've scared my fair share of peers and parents. i can't help it, i like that peaceful feeling i get when i go completely limp and slowly sink to the bottom of the pool. i'm pretty sure my friends got sick of it, though, because they went upstairs after about an hour of flipping around into the water.

lastly, i'm going to a concert. the cure and a lot of other bands. i'm not sure which bands are going to be there, but i'm sure i'll like a large handful of them. the date is august 27 at the home depot center, which happens to be the place my school's football team won the cif championship. that's also the date i'll be introduced to the group of freshman my friends and i will be 'big brothers' to in the ensuing school year. poor s. 'sorry kids, but you get the moderately poor big brothers who hang out near the stairwell and enjoy such things as caustic sarcasm and keeping to themselves.' it'll be like training a new generation of cynics.

---Goei---

3 comments:

Heather Meadows said...

An entire pool the temperature of a hot tub...nice. Reminds me of some of the baths I went to in Japan...

I see you've installed the Blogger NavBar Thingamajig...let me know how it works out for you. I don't think I'll use it, since it's pretty much an advertisement for Blogger blogs, and I'd rather advertise all the blogs I like. (Plus, my title image is pretty big...adding the navbar might shove my actual content "below the fold" on some monitors! ^^;)

The search feature is nice, though; I may implement a search box on my site too, so I won't have to fuss with the extra step of going to Google.

B Goei said...

yeah, the nav bar thing just kinda popped up out of nowhere. i'd rather have a minimalist look, but i guess my little blog is growing up and learning to take responsibility for itself now. *sniffle/tear*

Heather Meadows said...

It looks like you can turn it off, if you publish via FTP. Check this out...

My Photo
B Goei