21.7.04

mood: blah

music: 'here comes your man' by the pixies

remind me never to pull an all-nighter again.  i felt like crap for the next two days.  a constant throbbing headache.  it took a night of binging on 3 different flavors of ice cream and 2 bowls of some sort of 'chocolate-covered sugar ' cereal to stabilize myself.  i'm ok now though.  and it was definitely a new experience that i can check off of my hypothetical list.

so tonite my dad came back from indonesia.  he spent an extra week over there.  he was telling me about all the old friends he met up with.  one of them he hadn't seen since '68 or so.  that's insane.  i wonder if that kind of thing's going to happen to me.  some of the people i know so well right now could just disappear from my life for three decades at a time.  it's a very sad and overwhelming thought.

ok, i came up with a plan.  i'm over my whole secretive weblog phase and i think that i want more people to visit this site now.  i'm not one to just tell everyone directly, though.  i think of that as bragging, and i don't like to brag because it makes me feel like a pretentious 'bahhs-tahd'.  so here's where my plan kicks in:

i'm pretty much poor and i have no job.  i spend half the day sleeping and the other half in my room with the door closed and the blinds drawn.  at night i go out only to spend money on or with my friends or for band practice with expensive equipment i have mostly not paid for.  all in all, i'm a pretty expensive moocher.  so i'm thinking, if i'm spending all this cash, that's gotta be the best way to indirectly spread this web address around.  i'm gonna take however much money i've got in my wallet and some of what's in my bank account and break it up into one's.  so maybe 50 one dollar bills.  and on each one, i'll write the address of my weblog.  my hope is that curiosity will get the best of the next person who handles that note; i know that if i found a web address on my money, i'd visit it right away.  so what do you think?

i'll probably start on it tonight.  i was relatively bored during the day because everyone went to the beach.  i don't do the beach.  it's a blatant meat market that raises your chances for skin cancer, the s there are usually exactly the kind i'm not interested in, and i'm an advocate of 'pale beauty'. (not a go.th, not a go.th, not a go.th, not a go.th, not a go.th...)  anyways, because i didn't have anything to do all day and there was no food in the house because i was in charge the last week, i ended up drinking a few gallons of the famous javanese coffee i bought a week ago in indo and playing pinball on my computer.  i've been wired all day and when everyone finally came back, i ended up pleading with my drummer to let me play the drums for the fastest, most difficult song we can play.  ('the everlasting gaze' by the smashing pumpkins)  it was extremely cathartic.

so off to writing.  fyi, i'll be using a Sanford Sharpie: "Extra Fine Point Permanent Marker".

---Goei---

1 comment:

Heather Meadows said...

What a neat idea! Good luck :)

My Photo
B Goei