25.7.04

mood: jaded

music: 'teardrop' by massive attack

i think saturday's going to be norm's night from now on.  i went there by myself tonight to have my customary hot beverage.  in this night's case: tea.  and although the tea wasn't very good, what attracted me towards it wasn't really the taste, but rather the temperature.  hovering between lukewarm and scalding is where i like it.

been feeling ignored as of late.  the fact that i went to norm's alone tonight is evidence of that.  there's always two sides to everything, though.  this time, the silver lining was (as always) a boost in self-reflection and especially in my sense of random creativity.  and let me stress the part about random.  case in point: my two new bracelets.  on my right wrist is my own gray, waterproof masterpiece: three rolled up and braided strips of duct tape made to form a classic example of neo-kitsch 'jewelry'. wrapped around my left wrist is one of man's greatest tools in the fight against hunger.  'donated' by the good people from norm's 24-hour diner, i unveil to you the stainless steel magnum opus of mankind, assigned to decorative duties on my wrist: a fork.  it took me a while, but i managed to bend the fork enough to resemble a retarded ellipse around my wrist.  if everything i'm doing is subconsciously for the purpose of drawing attention to myself, i think these two new additions to my wardrobe will succeed in reeling in the comments and compliments.

soon, i'll miss being the sensible one.  maybe tomorrow.

---Goei---

2 comments:

Heather Meadows said...

What a great entry. Vivid descriptions and tight prose leading directly to a sharp, reflective conclusion. I love it.

B Goei said...

you flatter me with your kind comments. thanks so much

My Photo
B Goei