18.7.08

mood: sharp

music: 'untitled' by interpol

sitting on my ass at work, counting money and watching people walk by in the sun.

this morning i was about to shower when all of a sudden i felt a burst of pure energy, not in my step but in my mind and maybe in my heart. why do these crazy bipolar daydreams always happen to me? i was optimistic in a stern silent way and i decided that i would venture forth on two tires before i ruined the perfect film of sweat and stink from the previous bike riding expedition.

i went to starbucks like any good coffee snob would never do. my justification is that i wasn't looking to bike too far. then i shot that to the ground in a fiery ball of 'what the fuck just happened'. en route i decided to go to the other starbucks on campus (yes there are two, plus another across the street from campus boundaries) way out where only med students and business folk stake their claim. i ended up sitting around in the weirdly lit cube of a starbucks watching the local fauna.

i've returned with the following obvious conclusion: there is not a single standout weirdo in irvine. each person was dressed either business casual or computer nerd (blizzard has an office across the street), hung out with at least 2 others of the same sex (office buddies i suppose), and ordered something extravagant (with names embodying ozymandian status).

i got a phone call from mel that finally shook me from my reverie. i looked at my bike outside and at myself and realized that i was the weirdo. i didn't really mind but i got up and left a little while after that revelation. it was starting to feel like logan's run in that building and that people in pastel jumpsuits were going to pop up and chase me down for the sake of the county.

---Goei---

No comments:

My Photo
B Goei