26.8.08

mood: fidgety

music: 'trophy' by bat for lashes

it's about 3:15 in the morning here in singapore. i just woke up from a very bizarre jetlag slumber. it's that odd feeling you get when you wake up and it's still dark. a sort of split second of total confusion. i had the same feeling the other day waking up before dawn, but now it's a whole different story since i've woken up in the middle of the night, with hours of darkness still to come.

i'm reading 1984 for the first time. many say my run of it has been long overdue. it does have quite a bit of philosophical undertone, but i'm not sure if i necessarily like that. i'll read a textbook if i want someone to tell me about sense and reference. still, the folklore is interesting. and more frighteningly it's believeable. a whole new air comes over me when i use the internet in singapore. is there someone watching me to make sure of my harmlessness? it wouldn't really surprise me.

anyway, it still would surprise me if singapore's finest broke into the house in the middle of the night and vaporized me in a rousing game of 'find the capitalist pig'. i find that a lot of the government regulations are useful for getting leverage out of those you want to get leverage out of, but not for controlling the masses per se.

as the night continues, i slap weird bugs into the plaster walls and wait for sleep like a hitchhiker on the turnpike.

---Goei---

No comments:

My Photo
B Goei